Sunday, January 18, 2015

Oats Almond Cookies(low fat ,low sugar and eggless)


I am super excited to post this recipe because this is going to be my first post under the label baking !!! I  got my convection oven as a new year gift from my husband and tried butter cookies for the first time and it came out perfectly!!! For the second time I wanted to try a very tasty as well as a healthy cookie and finally ended up finding a great recipe from here.Immediately I tried it as I had all the ingredients ready in my kitchen.I was quite anxious about the outcome as the recipe called for less butter and less sugar .Also it had no baking powder or baking soda making it ideal for everyone.The end result was super delicious and crunchy oats and almond cookies.
The original recipe called for almond meal and oats powder but as I didn't have both I powdered my oats which I use for porridge and also ground the almonds to a coarse powder as I like a nutty crunch in my cookies.My son loved it absolutely.



Preparation time:45 mins
Makes:25 cookies approximately

Ingredients:

Oats flour-1 1/4 cup
Almond meal/coarsely ground almond powder- 1 cup
Butter-4 tbsp
Sugar-5 tbsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp 
Milk-1 or 2 tsp if necessary

Procedure:

1.Preheat the oven to 300F or 150C .Grind the oats to a fine powder and the almonds to a coarse powder.(if you don't have almond meal)


2.Cream the butter and powdered sugar for roughly around 5 minutes using a spatula or a hand blender.


3.Mix the oats powder and almond meal in to the sugar and butter mixture.add the vanilla essence also to this mixture.Knead it to cookie dough .If the dough is too try add a tsp or 2 of milk and mix well.


4.Make small balls of the dough and place them on a baking tray.give them space to expand.Bake them for 20-25 mins at 300 F or till there are cracks on top of the cookies.


5.Store them in a air tight container for upto 2 weeks and serve as an accompaniment for tea or coffee.



Tips:

*Use more sugar or butter if you want a rich cookie.
*Baking time varies slightly with every oven.
*You can add cardamom powder also instead of vanilla essence for a cardamom flavored cookie.

5 comments:

  1. Healthy and yummy almond cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy & delicious cookies.............must try this one.
    www.sobhapink.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nutritious cookies...loved it:) Thanks for visiting my space:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious since it less in everything we can enjoy without any guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... these cookies look really guiltless! :)

    ReplyDelete