Well what to say ! I have absolutely No words to describe the Pav Bhaji as it is one of my most favorite dish . Whenever I make Pav Bhaji I would love click pictures but the moment it is ready I forget everything and just gobble it up with hot toasted Pav buns! I just love the Bhaji with vegetables well mashed and here goes the recipe of my favorite dish !
Preparation time :25 mins
Mixed vegetables ( potatoes,carrot,cauliflower,beans,capsicum peas)-2 cups
Big onion chopped-1 no
Chopped tomatoes-2 nos
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Jeera or cumin-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Chili powder-1 tsp or as desired
Pav Bhaji masala-1 tbsp
Salt - as needed
Chopped Coriander leaves-a few
Chopped raw onion-1 tbsp
1. Heat a wok with 1 tbsp of oil and add the cumin seeds.After it splutters add the chopped onion and sauté well till the onion turns transparent .
2. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well.After the raw smell goes off add the tomatoes,salt,turmeric powder,chili powder and the Pav Bhaji masala and sauté till the tomatoes are soft .
3. In a pressure cooker add all the vegetables and cook them for 5-6 whistles and mash the vegetables to a semi purée. Add the onion tomato mixture to the mashed vegetables .
4.Mix everything well and add a little water if it's too thick and boil it for 5 mins in low flame.Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and chopped onion.Serve with hot Pav buns with a dollop of butter on top.Delicious Pav Bhaji is ready !
- You can add a slice of lemon along with Bhaji .
- Reduce or add more of chili powder according to your spice level.